When these terms use ‘I’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘painTRAINER’ it means Northwestern University and any companies and organizations that own, manage, and deliver the painTRAINER website and their current and future affiliated entities and venders.
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or any part of painTRAINER, either temporarily or permanently.
We will try to keep the content on this website up-to-date but there may be delays, errors or omissions that could affect its currency or accuracy. We may change the content on this website at any time without notice.
Website does not provide medical advice
The content on the painTRAINER website is not intended to replace personal consultation, diagnosis and treatment with a qualified health care professional..
You should always obtain professional or medical advice, appropriate to your own circumstances, with any questions you may have regarding a health or medical condition. Never disregard, avoid or delay obtaining advice from your doctor or other qualified health provider due to something you read on the website.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor immediately or seek emergency help.
Intellectual property rights
Unless otherwise indicated, painTRAINER owns the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the content of this website or has the right to use it in this context. You must not use the painTRAINER trademark without the prior written consent of painTRAINER.
You can browse or print the content for non-commercial or personal uses but if you propose to use it for any other purpose you will need our prior written permission.
Your use of this website, and your reliance on its content, is entirely at your own risk. While every effort is taken to ensure the information is accurate, painTRAINER makes no representations and gives no warranties that this information is correct, current, complete, reliable or suitable for any purpose. The website and its content are provided entirely “as is”.
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- PainTRAINER has no liability to you or anyone else (including in negligence) for any type of loss, however incurred, in connection with your use of the painTRAINER website or its content, including (without limitation) loss of profits, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of customers, loss of or damage to reputation, loss of capital, downtime costs, loss under or in relation to any other contract, loss of data, loss of use of data or any direct, indirect, economic, special or consequential loss, harm, damage, cost or expense (including legal fees).
- PainTRAINER disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for particular purpose.
- As the internet is inherently insecure and information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond painTRAINER’s control and jurisdiction Paintrainer assumes no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, or corruption of any data or other information transmitted in connection with your use of the website.
In the event that painTRAINER is found liable to you on any basis, our liability to you is limited to AUD100.
You must not knowingly introduce any viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful to the painTRAINER website.
PainTRAINER will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the painTRAINER website, to your downloading of any material posted on them, or on any website linked to them.
Links to other websites
Where a link to a third party website appears on the painTRAINER website:
- the links are provided for convenience only and may not be maintained or current;
- we do not endorse, recommend or support the linked website or any information, opinions, or goods and services made available on it;
- these terms will not apply to the linked website and you should review the terms applicable to the linked website before using it;
- we are not liable to you or anyone else if interference with or damage to your computer systems occurs or if you suffer any loss, cost or expense in connection with your use of this website or a linked website;
- we have no control over the information, content or activities of the linked website and your access to and use of the linked website is at your own risk; and
- we make no representations or warranties as to, and we are not responsible for, the accuracy or any other aspect of the information on the linked website.
Responsibility for Login Access
You agree not to share your Login Access with others or otherwise disclose your Login Access to unauthorised third parties for any purpose whatsoever. If you knowingly share your Login Access with another person who is not authorised to use the painTRAINER website, your access to the painTRAINER website may be suspended or terminated, but we have no obligation to determine if this has occurred or to take further action if it has. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your Login Access or any other breach of security that you are aware of.
Access to the Website
You may not circumvent or bypass any technological protection measures in or relating to the painTRAINER website or disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any software or other aspect of the website, except and only to the extent that the applicable copyright law expressly permits you to do so. You may not use the website for any unauthorised way that could interfere with anyone else’s use of the website or gain access to any service, data, account or network. You may not enable access to the website by unauthorised third party applications.
You may not:
- resell, sublicense, transfer, assign or distribute any material relating to;
- modify or make derivative works based on; or
- ‘frame’ or ‘mirror’,
the painTRAINER website on any other server or internet enabled device.
- immediately suspend or terminate all or any part of your access to the painTRAINER website; or
- temporarily or permanently remove your data relating to the painTRAINER website.
You must comply with all laws applicable to your access and use of the painTRAINER website. If you access the painTRAINER from outside Australia you must comply with all laws in that country which apply to that access and use.
Consent to Allow PainTRAINER to Collect Information
If you choose to use painTRAINER, you agree to allow painTRAINER researchers to collect and store your email address, if you choose to provide one. You can choose not to provide an email address. If you make that choice, the program will not send you emailed reminders to practice and to complete sessions.
If you choose to use painTRAINER, you also agree to allow painTRAINER researchers to collect, store, and study information about how you use the program. As you use the program, it collects information about how much time you spend in the program, which pages you visit, and your responses to questions and exercises. There is no way to stop the program from collecting this information. If you do not want us to collect, store, and study information about how you use the program, then you will not be able to use painTRAINER.
The reason we study information about how people use painTRAINER is to learn how we can make the program better. In these studies, we combine information from many painTRAINER users. You will never be identified in any summary or description of what our studies find.
Who is Collecting this Information
This information is being collected by Dr. Christine Rini at Northwestern University (Chicago, IL, U.S.A.), Dr. Francis Keefe at Duke University (Durham, NC, U.S.A.), and People Designs, Inc., (Durham, NC, U.S.A., which is hosting the program and its information on their servers). Dr. Rini and Dr. Keefe may allow other investigators to use painTRAINER in their research. If you participate in a study being run by another investigator, that investigator and their study team will also have access to your information.
You may withdraw your consent for us to store information we hold about you at any time by contacting us at PainTRAINER@northwestern.edu.
Protection and Storage
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorized access or disclosure. We have procedures in place that limit where and how it can be stored and who can access it. It will not be transferred from our sites unless we transfer it to an entity that uses security protections that are as strong as ours. We will not disclose your personal information to anybody else unless we are authorized to disclose it (for instance, to another investigator whose study you join) or unless we required to do so by law.
We will retain your information only for as long as required for the purpose it was collected. If you are using painTRAINER as part of a study, then most often this means we will retain it for at least three years after a study ends; the study end date will be on your informed consent form. If you are not using painTRAINER as part of a study, then we may store your information indefinitely. When we no longer need to retain your information, we will destroy using procedures that protect your privacy, in accordance with University policies.
Further Information or Complaints
Please contact Christine Rini, PhD, at email@example.com if you have questions about policies governing our collection, storage, and use of your personal information. If you want to file a complaint with the institutional review board that oversees the study in which you are enrolled, you can find contact information on the informed consent form for the study, or you can contact study staff to get that information.
I have read and agree to the privacy collection notice (required).